Hard to find bits in the USA

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard to find bits in the USA
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:57:54 -0500
Friends, I'm *very* new here, but have already been given excellent advice
on the questions I've asked. Now, maybe I can help return the favour. I'm
leaving on August 27th for the UK & will be there, in various locations and
wandering about, until Oct. 5th. One of the things I do, besides hunting old
sites with a metal detector, is scrounge through small, local breaker's
yards for Mini and MG bits. Last year I brought back some special clips to
hold the seatback on a Triumph, seemingly parts that could not be found
anywhere in the States, for a member of the local TR owner's club.

I can't bring back large or heavy items, since all of my luggage space will
be taken by Mini & MG stuff of my own, so I won't be of much use to anybody
just looking for a better deal on parts or something. What I *can* do and am
willing to do, is keep an eye out for the "can't get it" stuff, especially
the picky little things. Last year, my friend Shane showed me some Frog-eye
tonneau-cover snap posts and quoted an outrageous price for the only ones he
could get, and pointed out that they were not quite the right size. Later,
near Manchester, Dave took me around the village to the local upholstery
shop, in a back alley, and I showed the sample of the right one to the shop
owner. He walked over to some bins and got me a *handfull* of them and
poured them in a sack and said, "This do you?"

I nodded and he said, "Couple of quid."

Shane was a happy camper when I handed him the sack back in Oklahoma.

No promises, But e-mail what you're looking for and I'll put it on the list.

-Rock
--
Ask your ISP to amend its TOS & assess fines for spamming and serious
abuse. Clean up the net without government intervention. Pass it on.