Re: exhaust

To: Kreg Kallenberger <kregkallenberger@home.com>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:00:10 +1000
Kreg

>From experience and what I've been told the muffler influences the loudness
(amount of noise) you get and the resonator influences the tone and where it
occurs in the rev range.  Eg  my Commodore had a good V8 burble but tended to
have an annoying 'drone' at highway speeds - fixed by changing the resonator
without affecting the V8 sound.  Thus I suspect you could only make yours louder
by altering the muffler in some way.

Vic Hughes