Re: Carb T Connector

To: kasl100@navix.net
Subject: Re: Carb T Connector
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:50:00 -0700
kasl100@navix.net writes:
>I sent out a message regarding leaking from our S5 T connector to the
>dual carb setup. I thought I had tightened the clamp too hard and split
>the fuel hose, but upon closer look, it appears I cannot get a tight
>enough grip on the T to enable the fuel line to fit snug. It looks like
>fuel is leaking from the hose out before the T. I tightened it but
>notice it can still rotate on the metal tube from the T. What is the
>correct way to fit these? I had heard of potential leaking from between
>the carbs but this does not seem to be the problem. This needs to be
>road ready and safe before Friday noon for a three hour run so
>understand I am anxious. Thanks Brent

I used 5/16" plastic air line for my fuel line.  Got it from a hose
supply company (specialize in hydralics and air fittings/hoses).  This
tubing is as original and I'm using it with the stock T and fuel pump
and have had no leak problems.  The tubing attaches to the fuel outlet
in back  and at the pump with brass fittings and with a clamp at the T.

CNA