Re: Disassembling old engine - 50wt oil 30+years old

To: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Disassembling old engine - 50wt oil 30+years old
From: js <frodo4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:45:44 -0800
Never had this problem but here's a guess.
The racing oil was probably caster oil based and as such it porganic not
petroleum based. So you could try all the good stuff that breaks down
organic things - ammonia, bleach, drain cleaner (not on aluminium),
household detergent.

Not a chemist, just a guess

John