Re: 1725 with no numbers

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1725 with no numbers
From: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:09:21 -0600
Volkwagen handles their replacement engines/trannys in a similar manner.
They attach a  label to the block/case to ID the unit, but the serial number
spot is left blank. VWs intention is that the installing dealer stamp the
original serial number into the new casting, so future reference can be made
to the engine/trans number when needed.

Jon Arzt