Re: [Re: borg warner 35 tranny]

To: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com, "Almjeld Paul" <PaAlmjel@dwu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Re: borg warner 35 tranny]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 17 Sep 2001 22:45:05 EDT
You are lucky, junkyards are few and far between in New Jersey and the ones
you find are generally full of newer stuff.  They are very efficient at
cleaning out the older cars.

Jan Eyerman

sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com wrote:
Hi Paul:
Early Ford Capris--thru at least 1974 used the type 35 behind both the 4
and V-6 engines.  As someone pointed out a while back, the bellhousings
might be different depending on application, so bolt patterns and
suchlike would be something to check on whichever transmission you find.

I tend to take large junkyards for granted, being here in sunny southern
CA.  Are there some good-uns in South Dakota?

Regards

David Sosna