RE: Zenith rebuild source

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Zenith rebuild source
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:20:58 -0500
I just got off the phone with Joe and he does not rebuild our downdraft
type of Zeniths, just SU's and sidedraft Zeniths.
So we're still in need of a US-based rebuilder if anyone knows one.
By the way, he does still have one NOS 36WIP-2 carb for sale. Part number
1693F so I assume it's for the front?
He's asking $200 for those Series II owners interested.

Scott Christie

                    "Raser,

                    Jason"               To:     "'schristie@mail.usfli.com'"

                    <RaserJ@Pfize        <schristie@mail.usfli.com>,

                    r.com>               alpines@autox.team.net

                                         cc:

                    09/24/01             Subject:     RE: Zenith rebuild source

                    07:54 AM

Check out www.joecurtoinc.com

He's a great guy and almost all he does is British carbs.  I bought two NOS
Zenith WIPs from him and he's very respected.

By the way, does anyone know specifics between WIP-2 and WIP-3.  I read
that
the WIP-3 has an extra adjustment called the "air regulation control".  The
book I'm reading said the screw for this adjustment is locatd in the float
chamber cover.  Does this mean I need to take the top of the carbs off to
adjust this?  I'm assuming this would solve my stalling under a load
problem.  I drove the car yesterday and had to keep it at 4000 RPMs to keep
it from stalling.

By the way the book I'm reading is great.  It's called "Tuning Zenith
Carburetters" by David Harris.  Anyone have any recommendations on other
carb books?

Jason