Re: Zenith rebuild source

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Zenith rebuild source
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:31:41 -0500
Brent - I agree, the rebuild kits are good but they only replace gaskets
and such. Almost all carbs by now need the throttle spindles rebushed and
other wearable parts (linkage) replaced or refurbished. This is something
I'd rather not take on.

Scott

                    Brent Kasl

                    <kasl100@navi        To:     schristie@mail.usfli.com

                    x.net>               cc:     alpines@autox.team.net

                    09/24/01

                    02:08 PM

Scott and all-I have my original Zenith carbs on my S2 and had them rebuilt
last
year. I guess I do not understand the difficulty in rebuilding these once
you
purchase the rebuild kit. It contains all the necessary gaskets etc needed
and
their are plenty of pictures and diagrams available to follow. Are you
customizing
them? Brent

"'schristie@mail.usfli.com'"
>                     <RaserJ@Pfize        <schristie@mail.usfli.com>,
>                     r.com>               alpines@autox.team.net
>                                          cc:
>                     09/24/01             Subject:     RE: Zenith rebuild
source
>                     07:54 AM
>

> Check out www.joecurtoinc.com
>
> He's a great guy and almost all he does is British carbs.  I bought two
NOS
> Zenith WIPs from him and he's very respected.
>
> By the way, does anyone know specifics between WIP-2 and WIP-3.  I read
> that
> the WIP-3 has an extra adjustment called the "air regulation control".
The