RE: UK parts suppliers

To: "Eivind Minge" <eivmin@frisurf.no>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UK parts suppliers
From: "Denis STEVENS" <dstevens@online.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:17:32 +0200
Hi Eivind

I knew "Sunbeam Supreme" played you this dirty trick even before you
mentioned it in your second mail. Unfortunately, they are quite used to that
sort of thing : few guys there have also been fooled and reason why I
haven't is just because they warned me meaning it's really worth spreading
that sort of news throughout Sunbeam community !!

Only solutions they found to solve the problem have been either to take
advantage of a trip in UK (very convenient indeed !) to meet the guy and get
the missing stuff or to claim Visa and go for sort of prosecution. You
should manage getting your money back using this second method since - in
case of dispute - Visa payment is only considered as valid if you signed or
entered your PIN which is never the case in a computerized transaction: at
least, this is the way it works in France. But don't give up, you would do
nothing but tell them they are right proceeding that way !

Get your parts from Rick Mc Leod at Sunbeam Specialties (www.rootes.com) in
USA or Sunbeam Spares Company (www.thesunbeamsparescompany.co.uk) in UK Both
of them always provided me very good service and advices.

Hope this helps

Denis
France
66 SV B395013232LRX