original parts inquiry

To: Alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: original parts inquiry
From: Jerry Jamison <jaydee7@pol.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:30:36 -0500 (EST)
Hello. I was an avid Alpine enthusiast years ago.  Have owned
numerous Alpines,a Hillman Minx and a Harrington Lemans. ( a Tiger?,
no way!) Regrettably, I am leaving the fold. I have followed this
list for years and have a lot of respect for your passion for
Sunbeams.  I have many Sunbeam parts; for example, I have a set of
LAT-70 wheels in excellant condition and a set of DCOE-40 Webers with
an intake manifold (Ser.V), and I have no idea what their value is.
Ultimately, I will probably utilize E-bay, but have no experience
with that venue and may decide not to deal with it.  If I did use E-
bay, how would I have any idea what a resonable bid would be?  One
lister did provide me with a formula to use, but the formula is based
on a minimum value and I have no sense of that.

I do not want to abuse the spirit of this list therefore I would like
to know if it would be considered acceptable for me to post messages
pertaining to my interest in assessing approximate value for various
parts.

All guidance appreciated.
Jerry