SV: SV: Holbay question

To: alpine autox <alpines@autox.team.net>, RootesRooter@aol.com
Subject: SV: SV: Holbay question
From: KKJ <kkj@privat.utfors.se>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:29:35 +0200
No, Hunter and SV are similar= bigger.
The different between the Hunter and the SV are mostly on the outside
appearance. No sparkplug tubes that collect oil or water. The casting inside
also appears, shall we say, improved.
I prefer the Hunter type before the older "sparkplug tube" variant.

The inlet on the Holbay are 28 mm. and Hunter or SV 33mm. I m not talking about
the valves but the size of the port where it meet the manifold.

To have smaller ports then standard on an engine that is supposed to give more
power, may feel uncomfortable for many. Together with the Holbay camshaft and
the correct Webers and right air filter (look up! the carb set-up is very
sensitive to the air filter) you get a torque engine. Its not a high RPM
engine! This suits the 3.77 rear end with overdrive gearbox.

Cruising speed 4000 rpm : 144 km/h (90 mph)

Kristian J