Re: Rootes Overdrive Transmission Value

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rootes Overdrive Transmission Value
From: "Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 20:53:58 -0400
Jarrid is 100% correct on Jeff's OD's.  I purchased one a "turnkey" OD with
all the goodies three years ago, have put 9,000 miles on it and it's a
dream.

All the best,
Vlad
1966 SV 395005683 LRXOD
Ramsey, New Jersey

>From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
>To: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
>CC: Kevin Rissling <kmrissling@yahoo.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Rootes Overdrive Transmission Value
>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:15:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>
>Jan,
>
>Yes I agree, most OD units are trashed.
>Ive helped several friends open up OD units on trannies that
>were "known" to be good, or were represented as such, and have found
>on every occasion, the planetaries were destroyed, which always happens
>when the OD runs out of oil.
>
>To all you out there thinking about going on the cheep with an overdrive,
>good luck to you.
>
>When an OD is available from Jeff Howarth in the UK, you
>know that it ought to work when you get it home.
>
>Jarrid

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp