Cross country rescue mission, any volunteers?

To: <hillman@can-inc.com>
Subject: Cross country rescue mission, any volunteers?
From: "humbersnipe" <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:54:30 -0500
Hello fello Rootesphiles,

            In the wee hours Friday morning I will departing Nebraska on a
daring, death-defying (if anything goes wrong, the missus will kill me), 1000
mile trip to Pennsylania. There, I will repair my 1964 Chevrolet car hauler
that is languishing with a broken differential. Hopefully, if all goes well, a
triumphant drive back to Nebraska will follow. And yes, there's a Rootesmobile
on the hauler, a 1974 Commer camper.

            My question is this - are there any US listers along the I-80 or
I-70 corridors between these two places that would be willing and/or able to
lend aid or moral support in the event of any further catastrophes? I had to
deposit the truck at a Tigers East/Alpines East club member's home, they
graciously allowed me to leave it there while I returned home and collected
the parts to repair the beast. I certainly don't expect any further problems,
but a helping hand is a helping hand if tragedy strikes!

            Of course, this works both ways. I'm right off I-80 in Omaha, so
if anyone is coming through here, by all means, get in touch.

Many thanks in advance,

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA