Re: Lost keys

To: <Sunnbeam@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lost keys
From: "humbersnipe" <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:54:42 -0500
Easiest and quickest? Move the starter relay end of the wire that goes from
the starter relay to the ignition coil, to the hot side of the fuse box.
Then, either push the button on the starter relay or use the hand crank.
You'll have it running in under a minute. You'll have to pull that wire off
to stop the engine though.

If you want to be really technical about it, you should also move the coil
end of that same wire to the ballast resistor terminal. Less chance of
overheating the coil.

Those ignition cylinders are pretty loose by now, though. Half of my cars
will run with the wrong key, but not start. Only worn halfway, I guess.

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA