wire wheels

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: wire wheels
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:12:15 -0700
I have a question about to lube or not to lube the splines on the hub? In the
past I heard that a small amount of grease or anti-seeze on the splines would
be good, in thinking, any space, grease or anti-seeze may not allow the
splines to tighten properly and allow a sloppy fit in several miles. I know
that after having them off you must re-tighten the spinners for a safer ride.
Also is the some kind of torque on the spinner? And how can you tell it is
either tight enough or too tight?? Big mallet and all the way?
Cheers
Chuck with loose nu..,    no spinners.