RE: webers

To: "Alpines@Autox. Team. Net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: webers
From: "Jim Ellis" <hunber@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:28:44 -0700
 Paul,
 The key is they were factory Webers. I have a friend with a couple Alfas
one came with factory Webers it runs very nicely no flat spots no issues at
all. The other Alfa has a set of non factory Webers and it has flat spots
and such. The OEM carbs are just right they spent lots of money tuning and
figuring out where to put the progression holes, what e tubes were required
and jetting. Rootes never developed a Weber fitted alpine so there are no
carbs that are right for the engine. I tried the H120 Webers on my car and
after much time and money was able to get them close but there were still
issues.