RE: Tire Size

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tire Size
From: ALF1725@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:02:54 EDT
After several years of rebuilding (playing), it's time to put some new
tires on my SV.

Anybody know what the proper size should  be?

================

Bill -

According to the owner's manual:

6.00 x 13 "C41" or 5.90 x 13 "RS.5" Optional

Believe the first references the standard bias ply, the second "Road Sport"
radials.

That said, when I got my car it had a set of 165 R13s on it.  Today it  has
185/70 R13s which, to my humble eyes, look a lot less skinny than  the former
but do not look out of place on the original rims.  Sense a  bit better grip on
the road with no noticable change in steering effort.

Am sure you are going to hear lots of other opinions on what the best
dressed Alpines are wearing.

Cheers!
   Al,  SV B395008421 LRX