Re: Tire Size

To: <ALF1725@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Size
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:38:07 -0700
Well the sizes shown in my old book ,
Alpine all models are, 5.60, 5.90 or 6.00 x13 My personal like is a (now
numbers) is a P 155-30/ R13
Now one thing I have noticed a long time ago( yeh how longa go chuck?) is
the rubber in the tire and other ratings. You can get harder rubber or
softer. Depending on what you normally do. Run highways in dryer clime, get
a harder type ,,wetter areas a softer type to catch the water and break the
hydro planing. The harder rubber is a longer lasting rubber,,,BUT  not so
great for wetter driving. IMHO(in my humble opinion)

The ones I have on now are that 155 30/R13   Tread wear factor 300 the
traction factor is B . I would go to a reptuble tire store and have this
explained to you then follow their advise.

I even have tire pressures I run, highway 28 front and 30 rear. city driving
or those mountain curves front 32, rear 28. Sometime I'll drop to 24 in both
just for a softer ride. Remember if a tire is rated at,, 35pds. And IF you
CONTINUALLY RUN over 10% low infact you are running on a flat tire. Thats
from the National Tires and Wheel assoc.
Yah I read about something besides Sunbeams.
Cheers to you and if you have a spare set of tires/wheels,, change them out
occasionally too. Just like your shoes.    Rotation of tires will extend
your normal tire life about 50% , great heh?
Chuck series ll