Re: [Alpines] Clutch

To: Łauri <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Clutch
From: Mary and Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:10:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Series V, 8" clutch ?
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:02:57 -0700
Lauri:

Here is what you wanted from later in that thread

Ron Tebo

From: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
To: Mike Hooper <mike.hooper@panavision.co.uk>
CC: Jonathan Mies <jmies@comcast.net>, alpines@autox.team.net

Mike,
That information has a lot of errors in it for the Alpine. Here is the
truth on Alpine flywheels/clutches/splines/assembly pins/clutch release
arms/slaves:
Series I - Flywheel (8", 2 assembly pins), Clutch (8", 6 coil springs),
Splines (course), clutch release arm (short pedestal, large carbon
bearing), short slave
Series II - Flywheel (8", 3 assembly pins), Clutch (8", 9 coil springs),
Splines (course), clutch release arm (short pedestal, large carbon
bearing), long slave
Series 3 - Flywheel (8", 3 assembly pins), Clutch (8", diaphram spring),
Splines (course), clutch release arm (tall pedestal, large carbon
bearing), long slave
Series IV (up to B94100001) - Flywheel (8", 3 assembly pins), Clutch
(8", diaphram spring), Splines (course), clutch release arm (tall
pedestal, large carbon bearing), long slave.
Series IV (Late) - Flywheel (7.5", 3 assembly pins), Clutch (7.5",
diaphram spring), Splines (course), clutch release arm (tall pedestal,
small carbon bearing), long slave
Series V (up to B395017308)) - Flywheel (7.5", 3 assembly pins), Clutch
(7.5", diaphram spring), Splines (course), clutch release arm (tall
pedestal, small carbon bearing), long slave
Series IV (Late) - Flywheel (7.5", 3 assembly pins), Clutch (7.5",
diaphram spring), Splines (fine), clutch release arm (tall pedestal,
small carbon bearing), long slave

Everyone check Rick's catalog, he pretty much lays all this out in the
correct manner.

--

Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)