Re: Good winter reading

Subject: Re: Good winter reading
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 21:25:59 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Racer---X wrote:
> I suppose we COULD say that autox is the most difficuty to master, but that
> doesn't mean it would be accurate. Keep in mind that we do get three runs,
> and only our best counts. In most other forms of racing, every lap counts!
> And for Rally drivers, there is only ONE lap! Get it right or else!

I agree with you on the Rally and Baja and Hare Scrambles and those types
of things.

But roadracing is, to me anyway, MUCH easier to master than autox.
There's something quite comforting about _practice_ when you can sneak up
on the limit as opposed to having to be there right off the bat...

The fact that its way harder to die and much cheaper to autox are just
bonuses... :-)

Mark