Re: Electric Brake Controller

To: aria@interaccess.com (Danielle Engstrom), autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Brake Controller
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 10:10:10 -0800
I have used both the solid state (compact and no placement rstrictions) and
the old mechanical/pendulum style.  The solid state one does not provide as
smooth a braking force, and seems to work better for light loads when your
total braking is small.  They use an adjustable time delay/ramp up to try
to smooth it out, but it really is just an on/off switch.

The pendulum styles can sense braking G's and adjust the braking forces
accordingly.  Light braking produces light braking (not a neck snapping tug)

Hope that helps
Stan