'00 classification ringers

To: autocross <AUTOX@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: '00 classification ringers
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 05:05:28 -0800
I know this is early, but I need to plan ahead. Most of us have seen the
many articles on the new Honda S2000 which is now at the LA Auto show.
Does anyone have a guess as to the classing in the year 2000?

The car will not be here until September (Hey Joe, maybe we can get is
classed the week before Nats!) but it requires a deposit and a waiting
list at this point. Now, obviously buying the car in 1999 will be a
gamble as the SCAC could decide to class it in an "unfortunate" class,
but if it's in AS, I think it would rule the class. In SS, I am not
sure. Maybe it would do okay.

Thoughts???

Hey, someone asked about exotics at autocrosses. Yesterday we had a
Lamboghini Diablo SV (brand new!) show up and run. I got to be the
instructor and ride along. Woohooo!!! Man..nice car. His luxury tax cost
more than my car!! 8)

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 NA