Re: '00 classification ringers

To: "Keith Wheeler" <keithw@sand.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '00 classification ringers
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:53:00 -0600
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>

>Well, I for one am still hoping Rover/BMW will decide to import
>the MGF.  Mid-engine, variable valve timing, adjustable suspension...
>and British!  (Well, even if the rumours are the "export" version
>will be built here state-side)

They are both porkers compared to the Lotus Elise.  And the Elise uses the
same engine as the MGF, I believe.  Between the weight difference and the
Lotus engineering, the Elise would eat either the MGF or the Honda alive.
Of course, several of my Lotus friends have turned blue holding their breath
waiting for Lotus to sell it here...

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/