Re: Pro Solo Novice Questions

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro Solo Novice Questions
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:48:05 -0500
JTHOR11@aol.com acended Mt. Olympus and thus cried to the gods:

> There will be the 6 classes (perhaps 8) of the PRO SOLO ... and also the full
> compliment of classes for "non-pro" drivers?

Yes.

> We get 4 runs per side each day with the best run from each side (regardless
> of day?) counting toward our total time?

Almost. It's really 3 heats, with each heat consisting of 2 sets of "run, switch
sides, run", so 2 runs per side per heat (4 runs total) times 3 heats give
twelve runs.

Heat 3 runs on Day two.

> After the runs on Sunday the top X number of cars go to the Challenge round
> and they use the winners time of their class as their "dial in" and then it is
> a bracket race with the winner advancing.

More or less. "Bracket race" is theoretically true, but in reality I drive just
as hard in the Challenge as I do in class competition, where in drag racing
bracket racing I _always_ carry a little sand...

> There is also talk of a Pro Solo Expo in Muskogee, OK.... what type of event
> is this?

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, this will be a normal ProSolo that
doesn't count for points - so it's a freebie. I suspect that it may be
co-located with an Import Drag event, but that's my own guess.

> Do you have to run a previous Pro Solo to compete in the Finale in Topeka?

In theory, you need to run _two_, but last year a couple of one-timers got in.

DG