Kumhos, Right vs. Left Side

To: "'Auto-x'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumhos, Right vs. Left Side
From: "Donn Vickrey" <dvickrey@camelbackra.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:49:18 -0700
> Brad Wager wrote:
> >
> > Hey i just got my new Kumhos  and all 4 of them are for the
> > right side ??  does it really make a differince or should i
> > send 2 of them back to get 2 lefts??

In Spec RX-7 (road racing) we've been running Kumhos for two years now.  It
doesn't seem to matter which side you put the tire on (i.e., if it says
left, it can still go on the right side).  However, make absolutely certain
that the side which says "this side facing out" is on the outside!
Otherwise, you will experience a sudden inexplicable loss of grip...
(actually, it is explained by the fact that one sidewall is stiffer than the
other).

Donn Vickrey
San Diego, CA
'97 M3 Coupe