Re: R&T #1: Plus Sizing Wheels

To: "AutoX Digest" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: R&T #1: Plus Sizing Wheels
From: eharleq@selway.umt.edu
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 99 09:40:10 -0600
All,

I wish there was a real plus 1 test, with the same tire. And, compare it
to a plus on the same rim (i.e., 205/55 vs. 225/50). Use an r-tire as a
control. That would go a long way for the street vs. R argument which we
all know but is challenging without hard data to be conclusive on.

GRM did a decent R test a couple of years ago, but it would have been
nice to add an MXX3 or P02 to the test. What the R&T test tells me is
that the p7000 is a much better tire than I ever would have expected.

Erik