Re: Wheel Backspace measurement and NeOkla Region Thanks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Backspace measurement and NeOkla Region Thanks
From: PTGEMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:39:22 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/99 12:52:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
forestg@ionet.net writes:

> I just measured the backspace on my Ford Escort GT 15" wheels and it came
>  out to 120mm.(There was a circled 12 stamped on the inside of the wheel
>  which seems to back up the 12cm measurement.)
>  That seems really high to me.  Can this be right?
>  I measured from the mounting surface to a straightedge resting on the wheel
>  rim.

I see no problem with your measurement as the Escort is a front driver which
usually require wheels with a lot of backspace.
Of course if the rims were 5'' wide then I'd be suspicious!
FWIW: My 64 Chevelle (rwd) takes a 15 x 8 with 5'' of backspace,
unfortunately most wheels I like leave the tires in the fenders.

Pete Geurds