Suggested Spring Rate for ESP Eclipse GSX

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Suggested Spring Rate for ESP Eclipse GSX
From: Gary_Lingertot@amsinc.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:03:13 -0400

I've running a 1998 Eclipse GSX in ESP, and I'm about to order a Ground
Control coilover suspension. I was wondering if anyone could provide some
recommendations for spring rates. I can get them in 50 lb increments.

The car is a daily driver over roads that aren't exactly wonderful. I'll be
racing about 10 events a year, and am not hyper-competitive at this point.

The stock springs are 249/151 F/R.
I believe Eibach Pros are 320/ 170-210 progressive.
I'm leaning toward 350/200 or 400/250.
I'll be running Tokiko Illuminas, and will be purchasing the front upper
mount to allow for more suspension travel.

Any feedback is appreciated...Thanks,
     Gary