Announcer Bashing

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Announcer Bashing
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:25:27 -0400
Heyyy! Cut that out!

We announcing types (I guess that includes SBW and Mark S.)
are the bottom feeders of accurate information. I have always,
at National events, given the disclaimer that nothing is official
until we specify otherwise. Out in Kansas, believe it or not,
we have even less accurate info until a timing wizard hands
us a sheet that is stamped or marked official. Up until that point,
it is our spotter or color commentator that will help pick-up downed
pylons off-courses, etc. that occur. this is either by sight or
radios.
Being in the van outside of the timing screens and radios, puts
us at a distinct disadvantage to when we are in the RV/van/truck at
a Tour.

To the original hypo question, after the first day, official results
are posted. So if someone is not aware of problems the first day,
they should be on day two. I know currently, us announcing types
reel off the previous days standings as we wait for the next
heat to roll off.

Remember, we can and will screw up pronunciations
and other relevant  info (ya gets, what ya pays for).

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net
mailto:mdmurray@gwns.com