Re: '99 Cobra Classing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '99 Cobra Classing
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 05:17:02 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jeff@Winchell.Com wrote:

> Track differences plus driver variability can make numbers like
> these irrelevant.

True, but the rumor mill also has them dynoing about 10-15 hp less at
the rear wheels than the solid axle versions.  Forgot to mention this
earlier.  There are instances where several IRS and solid axle Cobras
were at the same track on the same night and the older cars were
significantly faster.  Granted, this isn't first hand, but comes from a
source whom I trust, so take it with a grain of salt...

>  > The solid axle
> > version ('96-'98) was a blast and I plan on having a similar one
> again
> > as a street-only car so I can put subframes on it and not have to
> > comply to SP rules!
>
> You can put the ones from the 99 Mustang convertible on (all 99
> convertibles have them not just Cobras) using the backdating
> updating rules

Are they welded or bolt-in?

Later,
Tommy