Re: ABS

To: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ABS
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:01:49 -0400
>Certainly none of the FWD cars I've competed in needed more than a kiss on
>the brake pedal (and often not that) to get the rear end to rotate --
>trailing throttle oversteer is much easier to induce with FWD than often
>assumed.  As painful experience has taught me.... :)

Depends on the car and how prepared and balanced it is.  My stock '95 Tracer
absolutely positively will not oversteer.  I have to stab the brakes quite
hard while entering a turn just to swing it around slightly.  Experience has
taught me that the speed lost in that maneuver just isn't worth it.  A
smaller front sway bar (or larger rear, if I take it to ST or SP) would
help.  I'm sure your Prelude Si is a lot better balanced, since it's more of
a sporty car rather than the grocery getter my Tracer is. That's why that's
all I use the Tracer for now. :)

    - Justin