Re: ABS

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: ABS
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:30:44 -0400
>I'll bet good money I can get your Tracer to swing it's tail around.
>;^)

I believe an experienced Neon pilot such as yourself probably could. :)

>If you've got adjustable rear shocks, adjust 'em.  If you can, get a
>larger rear bar or a rear bar period.  If you've got rear tires, adjust
>the pressure higher (above 40 psi) or lower (30 psi and below) to make
>the car oversteer slightly.

The rear bar from a wagon or GT is a direct bolt-on, and I'd do it if I was
serious about autocrossing the Tracer. (Since it's an automatic, I'm not.)
40psi front and the stock 32psi rear was how I managed to get the back to
swing slightly.

>Tire pressure adjustment alone can usually make almost any FWD car have
>a slight oversteering attitude.

Tire pressure is the major factor for any car.  Just a couple of pounds
either way can totally change the feel.  I learned this at my last event
where I borrowed a tire gauge (mine was packed due to moving) that
apparently read a little differently than mine...

    - Justin