Re: little cars&little tires

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: little cars&little tires
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:33:56 -0400
My 2¢ worth...  For a good all around tire (autox, street driving, and
everything in between), I'm quite happy with my 205/60/13 Sumitomo HTR4s on
my BMW 320i's stock 13"x5.5" rims.  Due to the strange offset needed by the
320i, there are very few aftermarket rims that will fit properly.  Stock
tire on this car is 185/70/13.  The wider, lower profile Sumitomo has
obvious advantages.  Treadwear on these, FWIW, is 320 - appropriate for my
car!  These are "all season performance" tires, since it's conceivable I
might have to drive this car as-is in winter occasionally.  The HTR100s are
the performance version, most likely better on pavement and worse elsewhere.

    - Justin

Dreaming of an extra set of 13" rims that will fit so I can use spec racer
castoffs, too...