Re: Those little mirrors and TLS stuff

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Those little mirrors and TLS stuff
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:27:55 -0500
Hottvr@aol.com wrote:

> What about anybody else? Any other TLS horror stories out there?

Well, I've been fighting an overheating problem with the DP Mini all
season. I finally broke down and bought a new "super two-core"
radiator ($140 ON SALE, and if any of you have ever seen a Mini
radiator, you know what a rip-off that price is!!!)  Put it in last
week, ran a local event last Sunday, and it still hit 230 after an
85-second run!!!  Only one thing left to check...TIMING!  I put the
timing light on it this afternoon and found that it was advanced into
the stratosphere!!  Duh, that should make it run hot, right?!?!?!?
Should have checked that before I ever sprang for the new rad.

Plus, I found out this afternoon, after I scraped all the rocks off,
that my front slicks are starting to cord.  And we've got a Divisional
this coming weekend in Lake Charles!!  I called John Berget for a rush
job on a couple of R-160 replacements.  They're due in about 10
o'clock Friday morning and I plan on leaving here no later than 2
o'clock Friday afternoon. That should be a real trip trying to get
them mounted and installed before I hit the road!!! 8<{)  If they
don't make it here in time, I've at least got an old set of rock-hard
R-570s that I can get mounted up and stick on the back, since they
just go along for the ride.

Is that enough classic TLS BS for you???

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman