Re: Those little mirrors and TLS stuff

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Those little mirrors and TLS stuff
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:46:49 -0500

Hottvr@aol.com wrote:

> What about anybody else? Any other TLS horror stories out there?

There were a few problems at MirrorKhana in Salina last weekend.
Overall, I'd say Team Laughing C-Prepared took the title.  One one down
in practice Saturday for a trans, one lost a clutch while on course, and
another popped an engine.  Then there was D-Mod... Rocky's daughter spun
his car in practice and managed to do something to the rear suspension
AND the engine.  Rocky drove another Spitfire and ever-so-gently dropped
the entire exhaust system out of the car in the middle of a short
sweeper. (I'm convinced he did it on purpose)  An F-Stock Starion lost a
wheel (or popped a tire, or something) on course.  Several people
complained of clutch and or linkage problems.  At least one case of hot
brakes let someone down.

Personally, I had no problems.  Checked the tire pressure on the way
home from work Friday.  Lifted the hood once for tech Saturday morning,
glanced at the tires to see if they needed adjustment after the 2nd
practice run and did nothing more than drive it the rest of the weekend.

Overall, it was a very fun weekend!

> Still have the Tiga FF1600 for sale, It will make you a stud for just $6500.00

I'm already a stud... <snicker>

Okay, maybe not.  But I spend a lot less time and money on maintenance!

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca