Re: Mirror Khana XXV - Arizona Connection

To: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Mirror Khana XXV - Arizona Connection
From: Scott Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:56:27 -0700

Rocky Entriken wrote:

> Someone seems to think I need to put results on the nets. Whoo hoo! Not so
> easy, kemo sabe. All those who ran will get mailed results, as will
>newsletters
> of regions who had drivers here. I think we had 92 drivers in the brackets
> from seven states -- Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas and
> Arizona.

> ESL fell to **Candy Gerber** (Neb) in a Neon after taking a second win from
>Shelly
> Gamble of Skiatook, Okla. (NeOk).
>
> ES was the last class of the day, and was finally won by Jim Abel (Wich) in a
> Saturn SC2, but not until a scare from **Jan  Gerber** (Neb) in a Neon. Both
> Gerber and his co-driver Scott Smed, Mason City, Iowa, met in the semi which
> then had to be run on stopwatches. A one-second victory sent Gerber to the
> final against the Saturn, which had beaten him in the prelims. Gerber, with
> the Nebraska anthem of "Whoomah!" ringing in his ears, won that final and
> forced the runoff. But then at the far south end of the course, the green
> Neon could be seen retracing its tracks after an off-course while the white
> Saturn pounded through the final box turn at the north end to end the day.

Y'know, the Gerbers do occasionally PRACTICE in Arizona (two years now),
and Candy even has a trophy coming from her victory over Nancy Maloney
in PAX/Ladies from our recent Spring Series, BUT I don't think that
counts as "Arizona".....   :-)

BTW, who else was really from Arizona that attended?

Scott Meyers
Glendale AZ.
DS 92 240 SX SE - still learning on Kumhos