Re: Contingency/apocalypse info

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: Contingency/apocalypse info
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 23:50:19 -0500
washburn wrote:

>Phil Ethier swore???

No.  I reported that someone else did.  When I came out of retirement in
1988, I went to what I thought would be my first event back.  Here is my
conversation with the registrar, whom I had never met before:

How much to enter?
"Fifteen bucks."
The price has gone up while I was out of the game.
"Fuck you."

(I'll tell you privately which of our local clubs gave this rousing welcome
to someone who showed up at their event.  You may not be surprized.)

When I related this a year or so ago in the course of a thread in which it
was actually germane, it was hailed as one of the seven signs.  I felt that
to get the true feeling of the incident, the actual words were required.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/