Re: Late Apexing

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Late Apexing
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:54:05 -0400
I agree that late apexing is very important, especially on a road racing
course.  I also late apex on the autox course, which to me means turning in
later and getting on the gas sooner.  But I've noticed that a lot of the
really fast autox drivers turn in quite early.  They are still using the
whole width of the course, but they turn in really early, throwing the car
into the turn and letting it drift to the apex rather than driving to the
apex.  It is really strange seeing them turn in so early and yet still be so
fast.

Brad Burns