Kumho wear patterns, 225/50-15 on 6" rim

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho wear patterns, 225/50-15 on 6" rim
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
I ran my first event on the K-tire at our practice
last Saturday.  I had ordered 225/50-15's since 205's
are backordered from here to eternity, and wanted to
scuff them in before the divisional next weekend.  The
grip is very good and I like the tires, but I noticed
significantly more wear on the outer half of the
tread.  The first two rows of blocks have a coarse
pebbled wear pattern to them (surprising after 10
runs), with the innermost rows almost untouched.  The
other Miatas running Kumhos showed similar wear, but
it's still a little worrisome to me.  I'm guessing
that either:

a)  I don't have enough negative camber for the tire
(no surprise here), or
b)  the 6" rim is too narrow for a 225 K-tire and it
is rolling over.

Anybody else tried this combo, or seen similar wear on
other sizes?  Anything I can do with pressures to
mitigate it?   (I was running mid-30's.)

I'm really starting to hate having 15x6 wheels...

Thanks,
Craig Blome