Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?type R again?

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>, Jim & Marilyn Rohn <rohns@doitnow.com>,
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?type R again?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 05:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
It appears to be a test marketing deal.  I found an
article in the April 17 San Diego Union Tribune that
said among other things:

"If the car sells well -- and it appears Ford will
have to rely on our dealers to determine that -- the
production could go up to 2,000 nationwide. It goes on
sale in mid-June."

I don't know if that means model year 1999 or 2000,
but some of the dealers I talked to are taking
deposits on the cars, so I presume they will sell
quickly enough to entice FoMoCo to build more (maybe
not by Topeka, though).

At any rate, what is the spirit of the rules regarding
dealers?  There are two Morgan outlets in the
USA...does that mean that new Mogs aren't eligible for
Stock anymore?

I just hope the car is interesting enough to live up
to the attention it's getting here... :)

Craig B.