lug nut torqueing(again probably)

To: "team net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: lug nut torqueing(again probably)
From: "Robert & Katherine Seamon" <forestg@ionet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:25:56 -0500
Here are some lug nut torqueing questions:
1.  Why do you apply more torque to larger nut sizes?  I would think smaller
nuts need more oomph to hold a wheel on.

2.  Does 13/16" sound like a correct size for a Ford lugnut?  It seems to
fit perfectly on my ZX2, but there is another size on my 3 way that seems to
at least fit on the nuts well enough to spin them quickly.  Unfortunately
none of the markings, if there were any, on my 3 way spinner lug nut wrench
are legible.

3.  What would the proper torque for a 13/16" lug nut be?  TireRack's chart
only goes up to something like 5/8" or maybe 11/16"

Bonus question:
4.  Is lugnut one word or two?

TIA
Rob Seamon