RE: lug nut torqueing(again probably)

To: Mac.Crossett@Wichita.BOEING.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lug nut torqueing(again probably)
From: Robert Seamon <seamorob@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:37:19 PDT
You wrote:
>3.  What would the proper torque for a 13/16" lug nut be?  TireRack's>
>chart
>only goes up to something like 5/8" or maybe 11/16">
I'd guess your 13/16" wrench size is actually a 12mm or 7/16" thread size.
Nuts and studs are labeled by the thread diameter and pitch, not the wrench
size.  A 5/8" lug nut would probably be found on a Freightliner or John
Deere, but not a ZX2!
That makes more sense measuring the thread and stud size to determine proper
torque.  They could make that clearer on the TireRack and RSR racing sites:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/torque.htm
http://www.rsracing.com/wheelstuff.html

Thanks all.