Re: "ZX2 S/R"...trunk kits anyone?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, "Ian McCloghrie" <ian@codrus.com>
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...trunk kits anyone?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:57:24 -0400
> I'll give you handling, and maybe braking (although the figures I've
> seen show 140-150 ft 60-0 distance for both zx2 and Neon), but as far
> as acceleration goes I think the zx2 has it.  A friend of mine has one
> (well, had, it just got rear-ended), and they're pretty zippy.  Body
> roll is atrocious and they sit too high, but they're not bad for
> $13-14K.

It'll be interesting to compare 0-60 times, something I haven't done.  The
ZX-2 Hot with the 140hp Zetec of the Contour should move the smaller car
right along.  Body roll and ride height can be easily changed with sway bars
and springs, though that sends it directly to SP or ST...

> One downside is that the resale value on those zx2s drops like a
> stone.  According to kbb.com, his lost over 30% of its' value in the
> year he's owned it.

Yep, that's the program car market for you.  I doubt too many ZX-2s are
rentals, but they're Escorts, and apparently valued the same as the
dime-a-dozen econobubbles.

    - Justin