Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:33:10 -0500
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>

>> Look at the drivers who have won in this "dominant" car. Is it
>> your position that those folks would NOT win in another car?
>
>I dunno. Lets have them swap cars at the next Nationals and find out. I
>will contend that top drivers are attracted to the cars that have the
>best chance of winning not the other way around.

How sure are you?  You willing to offer to match the ChryCorp contingency
award for first place?  Offer it for one of these cars other folks have
mentioned that you think don't have a chance against the all-conquering
Neons.  Top drivers are in Neons for the contingencies.   If you are so sure
of your theory, your money would be safe.

I hear this "Neons are classed soft" squeal a lot on this list.  All of you
guys that really believe that, take up a collection and offer a contingency
for some other car. If you are right, nobody will be able to collect.