Re: SCCA Politics

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: SCCA Politics
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:00:21 -0500
>I agree that most of the SCCA volunteers do a highly commendable job.
>But I also believe that the SCCA is a _lot_ more than a bunch of
>hardworking saints. There are huge bucks involved. There have been
>numerous occasions where very bad decisions were made at our expense. I
>shall list a few which have occurred in recent years that I happen to
>know about:
>
>1) Shelby Can-Am
>2) Spec Racer Ford
>3) Chrysler Neon ACR in SSC
>4) USRRC
>
>Make up your own mind but let's try not to confuse volunteerism with
>greed and avarice. This is a very big club and we don't even know how
>well or poorly SCCA Enterprises or Pro Racing is doing financially
>because they won't tell us.

I agree that the pro side of things is out of touch with the membership at
large.

And what does this have to do with the Neon and the SEB?

Did they get a payoff of some sort?

Were they pressured by the suits in Denver who got the big payoffs?

Have you got a shred of evidence to support this?

We have 2000 members on this list.  If such stuff were going on, somebody
would know something about it.