Re: left footin'

To: Christa Meck <cmeck@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: left footin'
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:02:28 -0700
Christa Meck wrote:

[snip]

> My opinion is that in some cars, in some conditions, being ABLE to left
> foot could be that extra thousandth that you need.  But it should
> probably
> be reserved for that case.

        Very true. But don't completely discount it either. Left foot braking
can indeed be very useful in certain circumstances. And when used at the
right place and time, can be yield some great results. This last
weekend, I had the opportunity to co-drive a CSP CRX that was alot of
fun, and found one turn where left foot braking was extremely handy. It
allowed me to stay on the gas and check my speed at the same time. The
car stayed stable over the -very- rough surface, and I was able stay
pointed in the right direction where alot of other folks were getting
sideways. Yes, it's a handy tool, but isn't for everyone, everycar, or
everytime.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/