1996 Neon ACR - Brakes

To: jblanken@itds.com
Subject: 1996 Neon ACR - Brakes
From: Robert Armstrong <armstronggroup@netscape.net>
Date: 15 Jun 99 12:47:18 CDT
Jeff,

I recently experienced a brake problem for the first time in my 1996 Neon ACR.
 The brakes started fading mid-run at a recent event.  I was able to "pump"
them back for the last run and drove the car home with only a slight fade on
the highway.  I bled the brakes after getting home and this
seemed to fix the problem, but only for a while.

I trailered the car to a SOWDIV Divisional and on my first run, the brakes
faded again, this time I felt as if there was no brakes at all!.

I bled them again and it still happened.  I have checked the pads and they
seem ok for depth, but they are a bit glazed.

Is there any thing that could cause this fading other than the master cylinder
being trashed?  I have plenty of fluid and the level doesn't change.  I will
remove the pads and scruff them up to remove the glaze.

Please respond to armstronggroup@netscape.net

Thanks,

Rob Armstrong
96 Neon ACR - Magenta