Re: 1996 Neon ACR - Brakes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1996 Neon ACR - Brakes
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:23:54 CDT
(Original message about glazed brakes cut)
I've never had this happen, but the glazed pads surely must go.  I wouldn't
risk using them in competition even after removing the glazed layer, the
act of removing the glaze, coupled with the heat stress they've been through,
would make me worry about the structural integrity of the lining material.
Having the lining crumble on you is the last thing you need, and certainly
worth the price of a set of of pads as insurance, yes?  If you'll be driving
road courses hard enough to glaze the stock pads, I'd be looking at
Carbotechs or some similar high-end part that won't glaze.  I don't need
anything beyond the stock pads, yet, but it sounds like you've graduated!
Congratulations!
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS