re : National starts

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re : National starts
From: Tesec@compuserve.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:26:05 -0400
Message text written by Rex Tener

>> Both days there were flat out drag racing starts,
>which IMHO are a poor idea for a "national tour" as they are
>> never used at the nationals.

> Oh, how quickly they forget...  :-)  1995 Solo II Nationals North course,
> flat out from the start to the first salom cone.

Now I remember, we ran in the wet and I got too much wheelspin at the start
so shifted into 2nd at like 10 MPH...  I wish it stayed wet
as even with a cone I was in the trophies, but I didn't go much faster on
my
"secret weapon" 226 R1s when it dried :-(

You must admit that that sort of start is not normal at the nationals and
will
not be seen much again. Having flat out to 60MPH starts both days of
a tour is not a great idea.

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com