Re: Camber Question

To: "Gerald Chen" <gerald@infoserve.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Camber Question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:08:09 -0500
>Is there an ideal degree of negative camber for autox?  Right now, I am at
>-2 degrees with some crash bolts. I'm also racing on BFG R1's, which by my
>understanding of their sidewall design also gives me another -2 degrees or
>so.  In total, I should have around -4 degrees.  I've noticed that coming
>out of turns, I get more wheelspin than I did with my street tires - could
>this be due to all the camber I'm running?   BTW, the car is a 95 Neon.
>
>Any input would be appreciated,

Buy a pyrometer and do some skidpad testing.

Another, less accurate, method is to get your buddy to video your car on
course and attempt to see your actual dynamic road camber whilst cornering.
Should be zero or very slightly negative.

Other than that, you can ask drivers of your type of car with your type of
setup on your type of tires what works for them.  Guess you already did
that, mostly.  They may want to know your tire size and option package.